Hiring an Arborist
Print this page
- ISA Certification Arborists certified through the International Society of Arboriculture are experienced professionals who have passed a comprehensive examination on tree care and who also meet requirements for on-going education.
- Education such as a degree in urban forestry, forestry, horticulture, arboriculture or related field.
- Accreditation & Membership in professional organizations including the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA), International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA), and the Illinois Arborists Assocation (IAA).
- Park Ridge Business License & Proof of Insurance A business license is required to conduct business within the City. The City licenses businesses in order to ensure a safe working environment. If the tree care company/arborist does not have a business license and is uninsured, homeowners can be held responsible for any injuries or damage that may occur during the tree work.
- Necessary Permits to perform tree work. While the city does not require permits for pruning, a permit is necessary to remove a tree over 10" in diameter (measured at 4.5' from the ground) on private property. Visit the FAQ page for more information on required permits.
For more information about selecting an arborist and the services they provide, click here to view the ISA’s “Why Hire an Arborist?” brochure.
Additional information about tree care and finding an arborist can be found at the ISA & Trees are Good website at https://www.treesaregood.org/treeowner .