Winter Weather Update
Print this page
- Remain safe and warm in your homes and only travel outside if it is absolutely necessary.
- Limit the number of times you open your external doors to keep as much heat in your home as you can.
- If you are traveling in your personal vehicle, you should have extra clothing and multiple blankets in an easily accessible location since these extreme low temperatures can sometimes cause vehicle problems.
- Make sure that your cell phone is charged, your car is full of gas, and that you have shared your route with friends or family.
- Maine Township Hall located at 1700 Ballard Road is open Monday - Friday from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM and closed for the weekend. Also, the lobby of the Park Ridge Police Department at 200 Vine Avenue is open 24 hours a day.
- The Park Ridge Fire Department and Police Department are staffed and always ready to respond to any emergency 24 hours a day. If you have any emergency during this cold weather, please call 911 and the appropriate first responders will arrive to your door within minutes.
- Trucks will make several passes on all streets from the center of the street to the curb.
- Most main streets throughout the City are referred to as snow routes and are posted with signs.
- Parking is prohibited on both sides of streets that have been designated as snow routes after 2 inches of snow has fallen and for 24 hours after its stops falling.
- Vehicles parked on a snow route will be ticketed and towed at the owner's expense. Parking is also prohibited, as posted, on the north and west sides of all other residential streets after 2 inches of snow has fallen, and for 24 hours after snowfall has stopped.
- Refer to City Ordinance 13‐14‐1 for additional information.
- Residents may call 847-318‐6101 for a recorded message as to whether snow parking restrictions are in effect.
- Alleys are plowed if there are 4in of snow or more.
- On garbage collection day, place your cans on your driveway, not in the street, allowing plows to clear snow up to the curb.